Tuesday 7 January 2014

Happy New Year

A very Happy New Year to anyone who still remembers me in blogland! It's been so long since my last post that this almost seems like a visit to the confessional. I have however been posting on facebook and, over Christmas, was persuaded by my son to join Pinterest so hope you'll follow me there too.
Deep into January self denial....the usual cutdown on food and alcohol..and back to work restocking after a very busy pre Christmas period I'm busy looking for the compensations and comforts of the new year and to be honest there are plenty.
The house is calm and I'm lucky not to have a commute and if you're reading this whilst suffering from heavy rain and wind in your area then you have my sympathy; so many of my favourite parts of the country being horribly battered at present
I've wandered round the house this morning savouring the quiet after a hectic and extremely happy Christmas

Having tidied the clothes closet..on the resolution list..I found the velvet throw and the bed is lovely and cosy.

Like the chest now I've found a home for my Christmas presents

The guest room looks strangely bare as it awaits its next occupant

Our new fireplace was hardly needed over Christmas as bodies warmed the room but think it will come into its own now that January is here

Bought this glass clock to sell but here it is in pride of place...what a surprise!

Another stock item, like these wintery looking soda bottles in their original wooden case

Have decided to leave these small deer heads in place as they give a winter look to the wall

I always leave these tiny Christmas trees inside until the end of January

The house is looking cheerful thanks to gifts from family and friends..yellow roses a theme
Here toning with a favourite portrait

and here in my lovely French confit pot..found a lovely example to sell, just email if interested

Another to sell or not to sell..is that what she's pondering?
I'm planning to hold my spring open house in March but before then I'll be in Sussex and in Manchester so keep watching this space for stock and fairs updates and again a very happy and prosperous 2014

5 comments:

  1. Your home looks lovely, with lots of interesting bits to reflect your personality ... M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's lovely to know there's still someone reading !

      Delete
  2. I am still reading too!! It's such a problem.....keeping the stock.......I know just what you mean!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im well behind but still reading. See you in march in Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this is one of the best approach.duvet are looking so nice.i recognized you.you know,we are giving a gigantic plan in UK on extraordinarily shabby and range proficient prices.in which all lines things and each one sorts of towels, you need to use in step by step life e.g: Hand towels, shower towels, hotel towels, tea towels, wraparounds, bed sheets and everything related linens.thanks for offering this information.

    ReplyDelete