Monday 11 February 2013

A blue period

Finally back to full time sewing and it appeared a pattern was emerging. Apparently I had bought a lot of blue fabrics over the last few weeks. Certainly they all looked harmonious when piled on the workroom couch.

I particularly love this china blue French cotton; the roses are beautifully drawn and are on a soft greyish cream ground. I've combined them with a soft blue stripe and white linen.


This classic blue Vichy check makes great lampshades; I've a pair and a single one at present which would be lovely for a kitchen or bedroom

I had a larger piece of this smaller check and made a shade with tied bow trim; like it on this nice old base.
Enough left over for sweet pair of candle shades..perhaps better suited to decoration than practical lighting.


Another favourite blue fabric is French mattress ticking and I've made a group of cushions in it as well as the popular slouch shape bag.

This check cotton is often made into shelf trims and tablecloths; I have several of these to sell but used one piece to make a pair of cushions. Combined with white linen they make a fresh spring like look for the living room or kitchen.

Finally a piece of linen ticking; much softer than the cotton variety this is great for lampshades especially large ones. It's been a while since I came across this colourway which is more often found in red

I'm finally updating my blogshop! All these and more will be there, hope you'll take a look.

2 comments:

  1. All lovely, I especially like the blue roses fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely aren't they and beautifully drawn. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment Heather x

    ReplyDelete