Tuesday 31 July 2012

French grey

I don't know what it is about the combination of these words but as soon as I see french grey on a paint chart I want to buy a tin and repaint a wall or piece of furniture.Silly as the shade may vary between blue, grey and sometimes green but I think it conjures up sun faded shutters and doors glimpsed on summer holidays in the south of France.
My favourite French prints almost always include grey; it works so well as a foil against strong colours and reduces their brashness. The French knew all about fifty shades of grey before E L James had ever been thought of!

 I love this turquoise and it is a perfect match for the velvet on my French bed.
As its such a large scale print I've used large feather pads which are the same proportions as pillows and look great great on a bed. An extra smaller one is made from the leftover piece.

This fabric is in great condition, probably not been made up before, a lucky find.

This red is slightly more softened by age and is a lovely warm background for this grey print.
The flowers are so beautifully drawn and full of life. I think they are a tree peony but any botanists out there can correct me.
They're all for sale from £26-28 so please get in touch in you'd like more images or info

No comments:

Post a Comment