Wednesday 13 June 2012

June sunshine 0 Getting round to indoor jobs 1

Am I the only one spending June inside listening to football pour from every orifice (TV, radio, husband's mouth...even at the gym the TV was retuned without recourse to the single female there..me!) whilst wondering where our gorgeous sunshine of late May disappeared to?
What a long sentence; is anyone still making sense of this post. Suffice to say I have not been tempted outside this month and have actually got down to sewing, photographing and blogging. So it was that I discovered my shophellishdesigns blog with its promise to update frequently languishing with a post entitled February stock. Fear not dear shopper, its now updated with lots of lampshades, bases and more with cushions to come shortly..promise!

I had wanted to buy these expensive lampbases when I first saw them as I knew they would be perfect for my large shades; I've finally been brave enough to purchase. What a brilliant idea to make the base from an antique balustrade; they are a real statement piece.

I've pictured the lamp on my console table with a collection of French dairy pots. I love these rustic jugs and pots which are great for flowers, plants or just empty. In the kitchen fill with utensils or herbs; try simple flower arrangements or do as the French do and decant wine into them.


Shopping in Bakewell on Saturday my sister and I spotted a jug in the window of an antiques shop.
I swear it is the twin to this one...on examination priced at £140! My humble version is £32 or perhaps I should put up the price but then he hadn't sold said jug had he?

This is one of my classic standard lamps with white linen shade but a particularly nice carved base which would look great in bedroom or sitting room.

I love this soft faded print but not enough fabric for a whole shade and probably prefer it broken up with white linen panels; several more in this style in the blogshop

Tiny print shade but have base to fit if you don't have small base

A lovely classic vintage linen shade with matching linen band, I still like these simple shade the best
Lots more shades and bases on the updated blog..click on link here or to the right

A piece of France..sign from the Auvergne region which commemorates a resistance fighter from WW2....hopefully not removed illegally. Some years ago the old sign from our road was stolen and I still mourn its loss given the unattractive replacement provided by the council.
More sewing beckons but lets hope the sun returns before I find myself compelled to clean the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment